Knowing how ClientSearch works is often very helpful in installing it in
your site and debugging any problems you might encounter.
- When the user enter some text in the 'Search For' text area and click
on 'Search', the applet first downloads 'topPage' from 'server'.
- The applet then extracts the links from this page.
- The applet also extracts the FRAME SRCs from the page.
- It spawns copies of itself and passes the links extracted from topPage
as the page to search.
- It now searches the page for the string.
- If there is a match for the search in the page, the title of the page
is extracted from the page.
- The extracted title (if unable to extract the title, then the URL of
the page) is displayed in the 'Search Results' list box.
- When the user clicks on one of the matches, a new browser window is
opened and the contents of the page are displayed in it.